Friday, July 8, 2011

My mind is spinning...

I wanted to take a minute to post about the craziness that has been happening in our lives the last month. As you know, our house was listed by an agent on June 6th. Three weeks later, we accepted an offer. That was the easy part :) We have had inspections done on our house (we have to fix a few things) and the appraisal is Monday morning. I am praying that the appraisal is good and then everything should be squared away on selling our home. This sounds really simple doesn't it? Well-I feel like I have been on the phone with a realtor, inspector, pest person, etc. for days!! All of them have been great to work with. Just a lot to coordinate and a lot to pay for!

Obviously, we need a place to live. We found a house we really like-actually a pretty good compromise to Jeff's wants and my wants (He wanted outdoor space. It has 3 acres. I didn't want to be far away from civilization and it isn't!). Although it needs some decorating, it has been kept very nice, so we can move in. More importantly, the people don't live there, so we can move in soon! Sounds great, right? Well-we have inspections and appraisal on that end too! We are hoping that works out as well.

Then I met with the mortgage company today and I gasped a little when I saw all the numbers on the paper and the numbers of forms I had to sign. I am so excited to move into a new house, especially with our expanding family, but it is really scary.

I should also take a moment to say a couple things. First of all, I appreciate the family and friends who have listened to me and helped me with the house stress! You will all be invited to a really great party at the new home (although we may only serve water and crackers because we will be poor!). My mom has about 20 calls from me a day asking her questions and she even went to my house today to meet with the plumber! Thank goodness for her!

I am also writing a disclaimer here because, despite being stressed, I am very thankful that we have had good luck selling. I know many people who have had their homes on the market for some time, so I will not complain about spending a month going crazy! I am going to keep saying my rosary (I know that is what is keeping everything running smoothly) because I really hope that everything works out.

Everything should be in place for us to enjoy some fun and sun the next couple weeks in Siesta Key!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new home. I hope acreage doesn't inspire Jeff to purchase freakishly expensive lawn equipment like it did Chris! I never knew he'd be so passionate about a lawnmower. Next up a four wheeler. Ugh! So happy for you that you sold your house so quickly! We knew you would, it's a fantastic house! Good Luck with the move and enjoy your vacay! I always thought it would be awesome to be pregnant when I moved. An excuse to avoid hauling heavy stuff!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the message Amanda! I guess that being pregnant during the move might have its perks. I have already had to simmer Jeff down about too much outdoor stuff right now! :) I will post pictures of the house when we know it will be ours for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Lydgia, is this the house that you put the offer on off of Petty? I went by the next day after you told me about it but wasn't sure which one it was. Praying that everything falls into place. Enjoy your vacation, try not to think about everything going on in Indiana and spoil your vacation. It will all work out.
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Yes Marilyn...it is on Benton road (Janet Blackmer listing) right next to big white house. Thanks for your prayers!!!