Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's a...

We are so excited! Today, we had our big ultrasound, and the tech told us she was pretty certain it was a baby boy. Lily and Jeff both were there to see the first pictures of the little man. He wasn't very cooperative, and I never got a good look at his male parts, but the tech said she saw them a couple times. Everything else (heart, spine, fluid, kidneys, etc.) also looked perfect. He was moving around everywhere. He weighs around 1 pound 2 ounces, and I am measuring right at 22 weeks. The doctor said everything looked right on track. I was relieved to see him and know that everything was going well. Here are some pictures from today...

This picture looks identical to Lily's 4-D ultrasound picture (same profile picture). It was weird!


Above is a foot and below is a hand waving (Lily thought that was funny)!





I knew I wanted a creative memory for the gender reveal, so Wednesday night Lily painted a "girl" and "boy" belly painting. Jeff snapped a picture of each so we would have the right one to send out today. Here is Lily painting me...


Here is the "girl" belly (in case we have a big surprise on delivery day!)

I feel elated that God has decided to bless us with a little girl and boy. I was so happy to get my little girl in Lily and am happy that Jeff will get to experience a little boy. We wouldn't have cared either way, but this has worked out nicely. And...baby boy Quinn will have Evan and Nolan to romp around with! It is hard to believe that, in about 4 months, we will get to meet him!

3 comments:

The Goverts said...

Yay!!! Congrats on your baby boy!

Elaine Welte said...

So excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Natalie and Elaine! It was nice to see the baby! We are excited :)