Saturday, March 31, 2012

We love you GG!

This afternoon, my grandma Helen passed away. After a tough battle with lung cancer, she is finally at peace. For the last two weeks (as you have seen in my posts), she has been in the hospital. I was lucky enough to be able to visit with her several times. I was able to tell her I loved her as were so many of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Although we knew this was coming, it is still sad to know that grams won't be around anymore. I know she is pain free now and celebrating in her reunion with my grandpa. We love you GG and will miss you terribly!


I am lucky that she was able to meet and spend time with Lily and Parker. Here she is at Lily and Ty's baptism.
Loving on Lily...

My grandma had 8 children (I always told her she was crazy for having this many. She agreed!). I believe that the grandchild/great grandchild count is over 80! What a legacy she started!


My dad and his siblings...
Here she is at Parker's baptism. She told me just a couple weeks ago how he reminded her of my dad. It was his eyes she told me!
I am so grateful that she was crazy enough to have so many children because I have been lucky to grow up in such a large, loving extended family. I know she will keep watch of all of us from heaven.

No comments: