Sunday, March 18, 2012

Updates

Happy Sunday! We have been so spoiled with sunshine and beautiful weather the past couple weeks. I actually had to go buy the kids a few new outfits because all they had were sweats. We have been enjoying walks, time at the park, and our big backyard as much as we can. Yesterday, I was sick :( I think it was God's way of giving me a day off. The lack of sleep and crazy diet finally got the best of me. Thankfully, Jeff and his mom and sister handled the kids so I could rest and today I feel much better.

Speaking of crazy diets-I didn't see much difference in Parker in giving up milk for a couple weeks. This past Monday, I took him back to the doctor after a few more HORRIBLE nights and he said I could try to take out eggs and soy from my diet. I have been doing that for over a week. He also put him on acid reflux meds. I have seen slight improvement-no he isn't sleeping all night but he seems less restless and uncomfortable. I am not sure if it is the no eggs and soy or meds. I have basically been eating salad, peanut butter, and fruits and veggies. Since I haven't seen a dramatic improvement, I think I am going to start adding back in dairy products slowly and see what happens. Maybe he is just a terrible sleeper with no medical issues at all. We have been letting him cry more but he still cries every 2 hours or so. I may try the special formula soon to see how he reacts to it. In the meantime, I am driving myself sick (literally) trying to figure out what to eat and think that is just as bad on us as anything. I love my son but I would LOVE a milkshake!

I hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day. I have no pictures from yesterday because I never made it out of bed. Hopefully I will have some of the kids to post soon (Parker will be 6 months old this week!). Also, please pray for my third graders tomorrow. They take the IREAD test. If they do not pass it, they are held back automatically. I know that testing is just as stressful for them as it is for me.

One last prayer request is for my grams. My dad's mom has been battling skin and lung cancer for about a year and a half. The past few months have been really hard. Her lung now has to be drained every other day. My aunts have been taking such good care of her and family from out of town have been in to visit. Yesterday, she ended up going back to the hospital for respiratory problems. She is in a lot of pain and may end of going to a nursing home for round the clock care. I am praying for some peace for her and my dad and his siblings.

1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

You may want to research more, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that it takes a while to get dairy out of your system, so you may want to give it longer than a week. However, I don't think I could do it. It would make me want to just switch to formula! On the bright side, you'll loose lots of weight! Glad you are feeling better!