Friday, March 2, 2012

Cereal

This week, we decided to start cereal with Parker. There are mixed opinions about cereal. He is plenty big enough and doesn't have to have it, but it is a good introduction to using a spoon before we start other foods. Secretly, I was hoping it would help him sleep better, but that hasn't been the case. He is doing great feeding off the spoon and seems to enjoy this new taste!

This first picture is blurry, but he will only smile with the flash off!

Then, he gets that startled look with the flash! BIG EYES!!

And for giggles-here is Lily at 5 months old the first time she tried cereal :)

Parker's night sleeping has still been awful. He is ready for bed around 7 or 7:30 and goes down easily. He only last about three hours, and he can't seem to get settled after this. He sometimes will sleep a couple more hours with me, but even in our bed he is restless and irritated. A lot of nights he is up every hour, and I barely get any sleep. These stomach issues/gas pains have been present since birth and I have talked to his doctor about it. He still wanted me to stay with breast milk only, but I have been afraid that it what is hurting him. I try not to feed him during the night because that seems to make him worse in the long run, but usually it is the only way I can calm him for even a short span. I talked with my sister-in-law today (thank goodness she doesn't mind me bothering her for advice) because she works at the hospital. She actually saw PQ's pediatrician today and he recommended me giving up dairy. I have been thinking this is the best thing to do but have been hesitant because giving up milk, cheese, etc. is going to be hard. I am going to at least try and see if it helps. So pray that I can find foods that work and that soon we may be getting a good night's sleep. I know my students are probably praying for this too because, by about noon, I am a walking zombie! I just hate that things dealing with babies are trial and error. I will keep you posted with any progress!

1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

Hoping that giving up dairy will help! It's so hard when you're working & they aren't sleeping!