Monday, May 30, 2011

Surprise Party


Saturday, my brothers and sisters and I had a surprise party for my mom's 50th birthday. I was HORRIBLE about taking pictures, so I will have to steal some from Sarah soon. I watched the weather all day, and it was supposed to just be cloudy, so we set up the outside area for guests. What do you know? It rained! Like it has everyday. Despite the rain, we were able to get all the guests in my house and had a great time. I think my mom really enjoyed herself.

Jeff and I also celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday. I made him work in the yard all day, so it probably wasn't too great of a day for him. He did pick out some pretty great patio furniture for me (see picture above), and last night, after my sister left to go back to Dayton and Lily fell asleep, we just sat out there enjoying the cool evening! I love him very much and look forward to spending time with Lily and him today.




My mom still had no clue what was going on when she came into the backyard. I couldn't get her to turn around for a picture!


Sarah, Pat, Ty and Nolan were here for several days. I love when they visit, even though Lily and Ty were at it a lot this weekend (oh the terrible threes!). Can you believe I didn't snap a single picture of Nolan??? Ughhh! I can tell you that he is one of the cutest babies ever. We were so busy that I didn't get to snuggle him as much as I would have liked, but I hope to see him again next weekend. Thank you Sarah for handling two kids (plus Lily most days) and helping me pull off a party! Thanks also to my brothers for helping and Hannah for keeping Mom away until the surprise. I really have a great family!

No comments: