Monday, June 3, 2013

This and That

It's time to celebrate!  One more student day of school!!  Hard to believe that my 8th year of teaching is just about in the books.  To celebrate, I have been doing some fun, end of the year activities.  Last week, we had a "camp-in" with all of our math, reading, and writing activities centered around a camping theme.  Students brought towels for sleeping bags, a flashlight, and their favorite book.  I even mixed up a special treat-s'mores mix (mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and cinnamon chex).  We had a lot of fun!  We will end the year with a wiffle ball tournament tomorrow :)

  
 Our school spring fling was Friday.  Callie and Lily came with me, and we had a great time!  The girls played school in my classroom before doing games, jumping in the bounce houses, and watching a movie with popcorn.


Callie even had a sleepover!

I posted about my Anniversary...these beautiful flowers were delivered to me at school!

We have been having fun at home...
 Parker is too much!  And have I mentioned he loves to watch Jeff mow?!

 What's even better than watching is actually doing it...


We have also enjoyed our fair share of sweet treats, and it isn't even summer yet...smoothies, ice cream, and Berry Winkle are what we love!



Jeff and I have been sprucing up our landscaping.  So proud that my roses actually came back and are blooming like crazy (hey, it's the little things!).

Lily helped me do some planters!


And we cleaned out our big flower bed (the island is what I call it).

I have also been trying to get in some running because I will be doing my 30 mile birthday run later this month.  I will be celebrating the big 3-0 by running with whoever wants to join me!  It is also going to raise money for my cross country team.  Here the view from my peaceful run this evening...

No comments: