Monday, June 24, 2013

Look Who's "Running" Thirty!

What does every girl want to do when she turns the BIG 3-0?  Run all day, of course!  That's exactly what I did for my 30th birthday.  My best friend, Traci, helped me organize this 30 mile birthday event a few months ago.  She even came from Florida to do all the miles with me :)

I was blessed to have 37 other people join me for different miles.  We ran each mile from Muncie Central.  We captured a picture after each mile, so I will be able to remember who was with me.  Traci even made a scrapbook that everyone could sign as a keepsake.  Despite the heat, I had a great time catching up with friends and family.  We even raised over $200 for my high school cross country team!!!  Thanks to everyone who came out to support me on this day.  It is a birthday party I will never forget!



Of course, Traci and I had to get shirts made!





















 











We celebrated with cake afterwards!
 
 

 Then, we ended the day with dinner and drinks!

3 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

Such a fun way to celebrate!!! Happy Birthday!

Mimi Collett said...

That is so cool, Lydgia!

I can't believe you were able to eat cake after running thirty miles! :)

Anonymous said...

It was a fun day! I didn't eat cake though-my kids did :) I was way too tired and hot!!