Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sound the Alert-Lily's Octonauts Birthday

Today, we celebrated Lily's 5th birthday with an Octonauts party.  If you aren't the parent of a young child who watches Disney Jr. all the time, you probably have no idea what Octonauts is!  It is a cute show about underwater sea explorers.  Lily was adamant that this was what she wanted, so I went with it (after all-it is her day!).  We had our family and some friends over for lunch and fun this afternoon.

I miss my dear friend Elaine being close because she would have done a cute shirt and bow, but I didn't think to call her in time.  This one turned out pretty good though!
Cupcakes made by my sister and me.  She also made the invites, cupcake tags, and favor tags!
Lily had fun picking out pictures for her board in the playroom.
At the end of each Octonauts show, they do a "creature report" over the animals they discovered.  Lily and I created a report on her for the mantle.  I interviewed her and put pictures of years past.


My sister came to the rescue again with this art activity.  She had an underwater color wonder set and she cut table clothes to look like water.  It is still up because Lily wants to keep coloring!
 
The treasure hunt for party favor sacks was fun!  I made clues and hid them around the house. 
Each bag had goldfish, bubbles, fruit snacks, and an eye patch (because of the character that wears one).
I didn't do a good job of getting action pictures, but the kids also could decorate fish with glitter glue and stickers.  Here is Lily's finished fish.

Of course, presents were a hit!  She got clothes, and dance outfits, and tap shoes for lessons that start this week.



And, of course, wild man enjoyed the fun!

 Thanks to our wonderful friends and family for helping make the party a huge success.  A special shout-out goes to my sister, Sarah.  I owe you for all you do :)





1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

So fun!!! Sorry we couldn't be there :) And, her shirt & bow are adorable anyway!