Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ear Tubes

I am documenting PJ's ear tube surgery...he will want to know about his one day.

No food after midnight: This was making me the most nervous because P is up around 6 a.m. and ready to eat and drink.  We successfully kept him upstairs and got him out of the house without too much of a meltdown!

8:30: Arrived at hospital for check-in

8:45: We were called back to the room for blood pressure, temp, other vitals, and we put on his gown.  He was very upset about the bracelet they put on his ankle that had his name on it.

9:30: The scheduled time for his surgery, however they were behind!  We played, and I kept him busy with my phone and peek-a-boo for nearly an hour.

 10:20: They finally came to get him.  He wasn't sure about someone else taking him away from me, but they said he did great.

10:45: My pager went off and I met with the doctor to go over things.  He said it went great!  Went back and found an upset P being held by a sweet nurse.  I was able to calm him to sleep for about 15 minutes, and then I dressed him and we left.  He was pretty whiny, but we managed to trudge through the snow and get in the car.

  
11:15: French fries and a milkshake kept his mind off of what had happened!

2 hours later: He was playing and laughing (still clingy but happy)!


Then he took a 3 hour nap this afternoon :)
Hoping for a peaceful night for our little guy!

1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

Poor guy! Hope he's feeling better tonight from the surgery!