Sunday, January 13, 2013

5 years and 15 months old!

My kids are growing up way too fast!  Lily will be FIVE on the 24th of this month.  I will have FIVE year old?!  She seems so grown-up to me all the sudden.  I told her the other day I didn't want her to turn five, and that I wanted her to stay young forever.  She told me not too worry because she would be my little girl forever (tear) no matter how big she was.  I love her sweetness. Even though we have our moments, she is very loving and helpful.  She loves to PLAY anything-especially with me.  We play Barbies and beauty shop, stuffed animals and dolls.  As tired as I can be some nights, I cherish our play time.  Here are her five year pics...





Here are my two loves together.  To get them to look at the camera at the same time and smile takes a small miracle :)




And our little man who is 15 months old!  What a little devil we have on our hands!!  He is so busy that I can hardly keep up.  He hops from one destructive activity to the next.  Jeff and I laugh at how different he and Lily are, although he likes to be doing what she is- drink out of a straw, color, have a milkshake or sucker, play with her toys :) 

He is a mommy's boy and hardly lets me out of his sight.  He is a snuggle bug though and I enjoy his squeezes.  He is the WORST SLEEPER EVER!  I really didn't know a child could cry that much in the middle of the night.  What can you do?  Laugh or go insane (I may be borderline insane).  He hates vegetables and only will eat them from a squeeze pouch, but give him carbs or sweets and he is your best friend.

His hemangioma doctor just took a look at him this week.  The birth mark is actually getting smaller (although it stills looks big in pictures).  It is becoming lighter and softer.  He will stay on meds until summer and then go back.  He also has an ENT visit tomorrow for his ears.  Poor thing can't shake these ear infections.



 Life is definitely very hectic and can be stressful at times, but these two sweet faces are the lights of our lives.  Even sleep deprived, I wouldn't change them for anything!




2 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

They're so fun! I'm sad we're going to miss Lily's birthday this year:( Miss you guys!

The Goverts said...

i feel bad for you every time i read that parker isn't sleeping any better. that really stinks, and i hope that he figures everything out soon so that you can have a full night of rest. i agree that i should be thankful that gracie was at one point a good sleeper and hasn't yet been anything but a good sleeper at night!! so far we just gave up the crib for naps, she has had two naps that were closer to an hour, so there may be hope for her yet : ). kind of sad to see her move from the crib to a bed though...she still seems like my baby!!