Thursday, January 3, 2013

Playroom!

You know I have been excited about this project for months!  I am so happy to post these pictures (finally).  There are a few little things to finish up, but for the most part our playroom had been transformed!  I love this space, and I know the kids do (even though they cannot fully appreciate all the work that went into it).  I think they are pretty spoiled to have this space, and it will be one that will continue to transform as they grow.  Right now, Lily and her friend are down there watching a movie on the pull-out couch for her very first friend sleepover.  So happy to have this space!

So you all know about "the wall!"  This is truly a masterpiece.  I showed a pinterest picture of a similar wall to my husband.  It was done in pinks and browns, but he was able to see my vision and recreate it.  I choose the colors because I thought they were playful but no too "baby."  I think it is so beautiful!


We were able to reuse the curtains.  These were new curtains that the previous owners bought to stage the house.  They are really nice, and I was happy to save money on window treatments.   The lighting is also all new.  Thanks to my parents for the Lowe's Christmas money that purchased our fan!

 The art wall is also pinterest inspired.  Lily has so much artwork from school, and I thought this was a great way to display it.  I actually think I will add at least two more frames because she has so much!  I was so happy to see her expression when she saw her art on the wall.

You can also see the toy baskets I posted about awhile back.  I stenciled the "laugh" and "play" on plain baskets from Walmart.  The toy containers are from Target.  I clipped name badges on the front to show what is in each one.  Easy pick up (since toy pick-up is non-stop).  It is also easy for me to change out the tags as toys change.


This bookshelf used to hold our old school television.  Since Jeff mounted one, I reused it for kid pictures and movie baskets.

I also framed more pictures of my kids and pictures with their cousins.

Lily and Parker did this artwork on canvas this summer.  Cheap and easy!


I love this little reading area.  I bought the tree wall sticker a long time ago from Target.  Lily helped me to put it up.  The book shelves are spice racks from IKEA ($4 each).  Thanks to Maria and Emily for getting those for me!  Parker loves to take books down from the low shelves, and Lily keeps her special books up high away from little hands!

We are opening the staircase.  It isn't finished yet, but Jeff is doing a beautiful job!
 

Lily and I did this crayon art on canvas too!

Overall, this is just a great space to see when you walk into the house.  With each project, I feel more and more at home.  We still have about 1,000 more, but it is great to see the finished product of another room.   I am grateful to Jeff for all his hard work.  I know he wants to kill me with all my demands, but I think he really likes this space too!


1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

I'm so jealous of your playroom! It looks great!