Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My 8th year starts NOW!

WOW!  Where did summer go?  Monday, marked the beginning of my 8th year of teaching.  We had teacher meetings the first day and worked in our classrooms today.  Tomorrow, I will welcome 26 third graders to my ocean themed classroom where we will all dive head first into the new common core standards :)  I am always nervous for the first day because I never feel prepared.  Anyone who is an elementary school teacher knows how stressful it is to have nearly 30 kids come in with arm fulls of schools supplies, trying to find their desk and cubbies!  At the same time, it is great to welcome a new, eager group.  I also moved classrooms this year (I finally have carpet-no more loud hardwood!). 

Am I ready?  Probably not completely.  But hey, after 8 years, I think I will make it.  If not, there is always recess!

Oh yes-it has been hard to be away from my kids (they will probably forget who I am in the coming weeks with work, cross country, my graduate school internship), but Mimi says they have been wonderful!

If you don't hear from me soon, I have gotten caught up in lesson plans!

2 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

Good luck! You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Elaine! I hope you are enjoying being back in a school!