Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We have been busy!

Well, we are living at our new house. It still feels like we are on vacation or at a hotel or something, but we are very excited! We were lucky to have so many people help us do the major move on Saturday. Jeff's group of guys were fantastic at loading and unloading the heavy things. My sister, mom, and mother-in-law helped put boxes away. Luckily I had them because I was overwhelmed by the move! Many boxes have been unpacked. We just have to hang-up pictures and artwork and get more furniture (since it is a bigger house). It will take time to decorate it just how I want, but at least we are feeling more settled.

The last two days, my mom and younger sister have helped me clean our old home. We are giving the keys to the new owner on Sunday. It is weird to see it empty. It looks so small (especially compared to our new house). It is cleaner than it has ever been! We are having a rummage on Saturday, so that should wrap up the other home.

Lily has adjusted well. She seems to be happy with the space at the new house. She went to clean with us at the old house and thought it was funny to see nothing in it. My dogs are now with us. They are doing okay-a little confused and whiny, but they will adjust.

I now have to start thinking about getting school stuff ready! I start back on the 18th and have students the 22nd. I cannot believe it! Our first cross country meet is on the 27th. Everything is just happening at once. AND baby Parker is due in just a little over 8 weeks! AHHHHHH! At least he has a room :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lots of exciting changes for the Quinn family! Moving is a pain but you will be so happy in your new spacious home! :)