Monday, August 22, 2011

More House

Well! Today marked my first day of my seventh year of teaching. Surprisingly, I wasn't stressed about it. Actually, I blame the pregnancy fog because it has been hard to think about anything. I am such a control freak (don't worry-my class was still in order and things were ready for the day), but I was calm, cool, and collected as I welcomed my 28 students. I actually have 31 on my list! All the students are very excited for the first day. Of course, I was already told that I was the best teacher ever (check back at the end of the week, and I am sure they will change their minds!), so I know we are off to a good start. I wasn't too tired during the day. It has only just hit me tonight. I think I can manage to pull through for the next six weeks :)

Here are a few more pictures of the house. I took some of Lily's room. She finally has new blinds up (I am still searching for window treatments), and I just love how neat and tidy her big room is. Her headboard and dresser are from IKEA. It is very simple and works perfectly. Her comforter is also from there and is just a slip cover over a white one.
Her bed has storage cubbies on the side!


She also has a wall of closet space...she will really appreciate this in her teenage years!


I have been working on the playroom. Our goal is to get a sofa bed couch for guests that is comfy for kids to watch t.v. when we don't have guests. Jeff has limited my spending, so we will see how soon we get the couch. In the meantime, I put together storage cubes to hold toys on the toy side of the room. I think they look cute and can hide things nicely! Lily likes playing kitchen and using the table for coloring, and it is nice to have a room just for those things.

If I had all the money is the world, our house would be just as I want it RIGHT NOW! Unfortunately, I don't, so Jeff has been explaining that we will live here many years and have plenty of time to do what we want. I guess I will try and be patient (especially since he has been working tirelessly to hang ceiling fans, blinds, wall items, etc. to make me happy!).


No comments: