Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sigh...

What an eventful, exhausting, overwhelming few days. I must confess. I feel like I was hit by a truck. Thursday night, around 8:30-8:45 Jeff fell out of the tree in our backyard while putting up a tree stand. I was giving Lily a bath and putting her to bed and I came down around 9:00 to find him injured and disoriented in the garage. He didn't remember what happened (it wasn't until later when we saw the tree stand that we knew he fell out), and it was really scary to see him like that. I called an ambulance, and we went to the ER for scans and x-rays. Around 1:00 am we found out that he had 7 broken ribs and a broken clavicle. He was admitted around 2:00 am and just came home today around 1:30.

He was/is in a lot of pain. Today is MUCH better than he was even yesterday morning. I thought he would never get out of the hospital bed, but, after PT yesterday afternoon, he was able to stand up and walk. His legs are okay (thank goodness), but his right side is out of commission. He is very happy to be home. I am very thankful that nothing worse happened to him. He has a long recovery ahead, but he will be fine.

On a bright note, we have a knew recliner since he needs to sleep upright in something on the first floor (no stairs yet). I teased that this was his way of getting his comfy chair!

I appreciate all of the support and prayers from family and friends. There have been so many people offering to help. Our parents have been great (watching Lily and helping with Jeff). Jeff's brother (who conveniently is an orthopedic surgeon) drove from Columbus to check on him in the hospital. It was nice to have his expert opinion. Jeff's sister stayed with me at the hospital under after 2 am the night he was admitted. My sister and BIL drove from Dayton to help. Sarah did laundry, watched Lily, cleaned my house, went to the grocery. THANK GOODNESS for my family! I have been pretty out of it (pregnancy fog doesn't really help). I am hoping he is healed decently enough for the baby to come.

Thanks again! Will keep you posted...we need no more excitement until we meet Parker :)

No comments: