Friday, August 19, 2011

Settling in...

First of all, as I type, Jeff has his hunting gun out because there was a coyote in our front and back lawn while he was trying to unload his truck. Buffy was on the dog run, and I am sure the coyote thought she looked like a good dinner. I guess I will adjust to life with our bigger backyard (full of wildlife)!

We are settling into the new house nicely. There are still many things to be done (new lights, hanging up things, organizing), but it is starting to feel more like our home each day. I took some pictures tonight of parts of the house. They aren't the greatest, but it shows you some of what we have been unpacking!

These first two pictures are the office. Jeff was able to bring the desks he made for the old house and modify them for the new room. He just finished putting the computer desk in about 15 minutes ago, so I was able to put things away in the office. It was hard not having my bill paying station!


The next pictures are of the master bedroom. As you can see, our big closet filled up quickly. It is so nice to be able to walk inside of it and get dressed in the mornings!
Jeff has gotten two wood blinds up in the house. We had them in our old house, and I missed them! They look so nice and I don't have to duck around my bedroom anymore :)



This is a sneak peek at Parker's room. It is far from finished, but Jeff put the crib up (we noticed that is has many chew marks from Lily's days!). The bedding is from IKEA. Lily's baby is trying out the baby seat.
I found these car pictures at Target and thought they looked very little boy like! They even went with the bedding colors well. I also found these cute car, truck, road wall stickers that I will put up somewhere for some color on the wall. More pictures to come!

Our dining room. I was able to use the living room rug from the old house in here. Sarah helped me pick out the curtains. I like the burnt orange color!


Sunroom :) The patio furniture Jeff just got me in May fit perfectly in here along with the rug from our old bedroom. I will get some good use out of this room-especially in the cooler fall and spring!

This is the table and rug that sit in the kitchen by the sunroom doorway.

I will have pictures of Lily's room soon. She is already in bed, so I didn't want to snap any pictures. Her headboard and dresser from IKEA look cute in her room. She does need blinds and curtains of some kind.

Slowly but surely, we will make this place our own! I hope everyone has a great weekend. This is my last weekend before I welcome my 29 third graders on Monday. Wish me luck!!

No comments: