Thursday, November 8, 2012

Who needs a vacation? ME!

I really do want to be blogging more, but every post would say the same thing: Life is extremely hectic right now!  There is really no time to catch my breath, let along write about it.  I am stealing a minute here (and disregarding the dishes and laundry and picking up and class work that need to be done) to say hello :)

Nothing too much out of the ordinary going on.  Just chasing after kids and working.  Jeff is hunting quite a bit (how lucky for him), so I play mom and dad right now.  However, he is paying me back by redoing the playroom!  I am SOOOO excited for this project.  It just feels awesome to put our stamp on the house.  Slowly but surely, we will make the changes we want and make this our dream home (although Jeff told me the other day this was not his "dream" home.  I said it was our realistic dream home!).  Here are a couple pics of how the room looked before and the mess it is right now.
Playroom when we moved in.  Very thankful to have this extra place for the kids.

Empty room=lots of room to run!




We are big into taking out walls and opening up rooms.  Jeff is also opening our dark stairway up into the playroom.  This will be so nice!
The main reason for the project was to put in overhead lighting.  Poor Jeff had a fun time fishing wires through a small space between the first floor and second floor.  Good news is we now have 5 lights!

I am looking forward to seeing my sister for the third weekend in a row!  We have been to Dayton the last two weekends.  She will be here tomorrow.   Last weekend we got to go house hunting with them.  It was so much fun, and I am grateful they let us be a part of it.  I am happy to say they sold their house and had an offered accepted on one of the houses we saw last weekend.  It is beautiful and will be a great home for them, and a fun place for us to come and stay!  We definitely owe them help with a move since they did so much for us last August during ours.  I have to say this is such an exciting time in our lives, and I am thankful everyday to have a sister that I am so close with and whose life is in a similar place as mine.

Speaking of siblings, I am excited for a weekend away with Sarah (just to Indy but who cares? I will get to sleep an entire night without interruption!).  We are going to shop Saturday and then go to my brother's birthday party that night.  Hopefully we can stay up past 9 pm!

Happy Friday!

No comments: