Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful!

It is hard to believe that this is Thanksgiving week.  I know your parents tell you this as you are growing up, but time does seem to go faster the older you get.  I have had a couple of moments this week that have really made me stop and relish in the moment.  My ever so sweet, but very sensitive Lily asked me last night, "What does eternal life me?"  I guess in our moments of doing the rosary this week, she may have heard this.  I explained that this meant, if you lived a good life and believed in God, that when you die, you get to live in heaven with him and all the saints and angels.  She started crying and said, "Except for you and me mom.  We won't die."  What do you say?  I told her everyone eventually dies, but I hope we stay around for a long time.  The truth is, it does make you stop and think about how our time is limited.

With that, I must say that I am thankful for all that I have been given.  Wonderful family, great friends, a good job, a nice home, a loving husband, and two of the most precious children ever!  I certainly do my fair share of complaining and am not always as grateful as I should be.  So, I am trying to stop and enjoy the blessing I have been given.

After this "deep" start to my blog, I will leave you with some pictures.

Parker is just too stinkin' cute :)  He has his dad's passion for all things SWEET.  He loved cinnabons one morning.  (I haven't noticed too much difference in his hemagioma these past two weeks of medicine.  I guess time will tell).



I was able to spend time with my niece and nephew Friday night.  Parker and Evan were funny together!  I think they had every toy out!


I was also able to spend Saturday and some of Sunday in Indy with my sister.  We went early Saturday and shopped 'til we dropped.  Lots of Christmas gifts purchased.  My brother Stephen, who celebrated his birthday on Saturday, met us for lunch.  Then, we went to his restaurant, the Northside Social (http://northsidesocial.com/) for dinner.  My brother, Aaron, met Sarah and I there.  It was DELICIOUS!  I am already trying to plan a time to take Jeff.  After dinner, Stephen had a fun birthday party next door at the lunch part of the restaurant.  It was really fun to go out!  It was also fun to sleep ALONE, with no one kicking me or crying, in this hotel....





AND finally-playroom progress...slowly but surely!


On pinterest (of course) I found a cute project for spicing up toy baskets.  Can't wait to show you them in the room.





Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: