Saturday, September 10, 2011

Updates

Yesterday morning, Jeff had surgery on his collar bone. He had to be there at 6 am and surgery lasted only about an hour. His parents were gracious enough to take him, and I met them at the surgery center later. He woke up in good spirits and felt better than expected. The doctor did say the break was worse then the scans originally has shown, but that his bone screwed together nicely. We were thankful to bring him home around 10:30. He has been doing great-resting and relaxing. I know he is pleased with how he is feeling, and he is happy to have surgery out of the picture.

I am feeling fine too :) Less contractions and just normal aches and pains for 36 weeks (I will get a picture later today of the belly). Jeff and I were talking last night about how weird it is to know we will have another baby in a month or under. I still cannot believe it!! Jeff assures me he will make it to the hospital no matter what and be able to hold little Parker (with at least his left side).

Today, we get to celebrate our nephew's (Evan's) baptism. We were thrilled to be chosen as his godparents. I will be escaping the house to be at church later. Jeff said he may even try to be there (if he can get a shirt on). It will be nice to celebrate this happy event with our family.

One event I will be missing is my ten year high school reunion tonight. I originally bought dinner tickets because I thought I would be able to go. Bed rest probably doesn't mean to go to a party! Wishing all my old classmates a good time. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years since I roamed the halls of Muncie Central.

No comments: