Monday, September 26, 2011

Parker James Quinn

Our son is here! I only have a minute, but I wanted to post so I remember this time. Thursday after school I went for my doctor's appointment. I was still only about 3 cm dilated, and I was a little discouraged. Dr. Sutton said not to be worried because I could be holding a baby the next day (little did I know...).

After the appointment, I came home and Lily and I ran around the backyard and played. Then, I went to make pasta for our team fundraiser dinner on Friday. I got home around 9:45 and watched tv and fell asleep feeling pretty normal. Around 1:30 am, I woke up to go to the bathroom and had trouble getting back to sleep. More painful contractions started about an hour later and, by 3:45 am, I was waking Jeff up to say I was showering because we might be going to the hospital. After calling my mom to ask her what I should do (because moms know everything!), I called the doctor. Dr. Sutton, who I saw the day before, told me to go get checked.

I woke Jeff up and he showered. The contractions were getting more unbearable, so I was happy to get to the hospital around 5:00 am. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me. I was afraid that they may say I was only 3 cm still, but I was actually 7 cm. They quickly got me into a labor/delivery room and filled me with fluids so I could get an epidural. By around 6:30, the doctor broke my water and it was time to start pushing. The pushing was intense because I felt like I was getting nowhere. Luckily, the hard work paid off and by 7:33 am, I was holding my sweet baby boy!

My mom, Jeff's mom, and Jeff were all there for his arrival. It was surreal and exciting to finally see him. I can't believe I was only at the hospital for 2.5 hours! Here are some pictures of his first moments. I will post more information soon!


Parker James
7:33 am
8 lbs 3 oz
21 inches


















No comments: