Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Preschool!

Despite all the misfortunes we have had as of late (to add to the list-our water heater was leaking everywhere yesterday. It went through the wall and ruined part of the dining room floor. Luckily it is rented and they should be taking care of it soon), yesterday was a pretty special day for Lily. She started preschool at Hazelwood Christian Church. She will be going Tuesday and Thursday afternoon for a couple of hours. I thought it would be the perfect start to her becoming more independent.

Since I was home yesterday, mom and I drove her together. You just pull up and the teacher takes them inside, so we couldn't get any pictures going in. She did a final look back at us and I started crying! She looked so grown up! It was a weird feeling because she has spent her whole life with either my mom, Jeff's mom, or us. All of the sudden she was doing something on her own. When we picked her up, she came running out saying how much fun she had. I hope the enthusiasm remains! They seem to do lots of great activities with the students. She has 15 kids in her class. Yesterday she was excited because she got to paint. I think it will be perfect for her to have her own "thing" especially since we will be adding a baby to the house.


No comments: