Friday, February 12, 2010

Big Girl Bed

We put up Lily's full size bed last weekend. While shopping at Target (Jeff will tell you I spend too much time and money at this store), I found this bed set. It matched Lily's walls and things she already has in her room, but it looked a little more grown-up than her crib comforter she has been using. The best thing about it-it was only $30! The sheets, pillow shams, bed skirt, and comforter came in the set. I was proud of this bargain, and, if she ruins it, I am not out much! She is loving the grown-up space!



Uncle Stephen sent this Minnie doll today in the mail for Valentine's Day. She is reading her Pinkalicious book to her! Thanks Stephen for thinking of her!

And then I noticed, we have only had this Minnie doll for a couple of hours, and Lily already gave her some eye shadow. Yes, she colored on her eyes with black crayon when I wasn't looking. She said she was "pretty." Luckily, daddy was able to scrub it off, and the doll is good as new.

Another funny...my sister told me a while back that she has my nephew, Ty, fill-in the blank each night to "God Bless..." as part of his bed routine. I started doing this. Every night Lily says, "God Bless Annie, June, Leo, Quincy, and Rocket" (the characters from Little Einstein's cartoon). Who do you think the first person she blessed tonight was? Minnie Mouse of course! I love these moments. "God Bless Daddy and Mommy" usually comes with some coaxing!! Gotta love our little angel!

1 comment:

Aunt Sarah said...

So cute! Can't wait to see Lily's new "grown up" room!