Thursday, August 20, 2009

Teaching Diaries

I have been back to school for over a week now. I forgot how exhausting it was to be in charge of some many little kids! Planning days for just one little girl all summer was nothing compared to planning 6 hours worth of educational activities for 23 third graders. Knock on wood though, this is the best start I have had to a school year. I was skeptical, but things have been very smooth and calm around the building (it must be the gallons of holy water I poured all over my classroom-LOL). I am praying that it continues to go very well. Having a brand new SmartBoard, projector, laptop, and color laser printer have also helped boost my morale :) I have been able to do some great technology activities already-that alone has allowed me to keep at least 50% of the students' attention. Cross country is in full swing. We have our first meet a week from Saturday. Coming home to Lily is the best part of my day (I also enjoy seeing Jeff). Her grandmas must be doing a good job because she has been very happy in the evenings! I hope that everyone else is doing well. Happy Friday!

No comments: