Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Project: Kitchen Face Lift

I finally snapped some pictures of the whole kitchen.  I posted about the floor a couple days ago.  Now you can see it all together.  It is definitely a space that feels cozy, and it is very different from before!  Maybe it will inspire me to start cooking :)


BEFORE PICTURES (sorry-I didn't have that many before pictures)
As I mentioned, the homeowners painted everything tan.  It was very light and airy, and the counter tops were brand new.




AFTER PICTURES...I took most of these last night while the kids were sleeping so the color/lighting looks off a little.  I am starting with our entry way.  The entry way looks right into the sunroom.
 This spring, we loved opening the doors up and feeling the air from the outdoors.  It is a nice space :)
I looked everywhere for rugs.  It was hard because most rugs with red on them are combined with brown.  All of my furniture and accents are black.  In the end, I got a simple red rug speckled with gray.  And, after looking at so many stores, this actually came from Walmart for $20.  I guess if I get tired of it or it gets ruined, who cares!

Another reason for the plain rug was because of the pattern on this side table I just happened across at Hobby Lobby.  I didn't want a rug pattern competing with the busy pattern on this.  I love this piece though.  It is a little funky but perfect in the space.  It was marked down from $119 to $40! I just need to find something taller to put on it.  Maybe that will wait until Parker stops destroying things!


 



My grandmother passed away in the spring and my aunts let us go through some of her household things before they were selling/donating them.  I took these canisters.  They are perfect, and they make me think of her.  Since I bake from a box, they hold animal cookies and goldfish crackers :)

This space looks great next to our living room now!  I am very happy with it.  I just need a few more accessories (maybe a splash of yellow or something to brighten it up).



This is the kitchen at our old house.  Look familiar?!


5 comments:

Amanda Y. said...

I love it! Great work again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amanda! You should come for homecoming and see it in person!

Amanda said...

That's a fantastic idea! I need to meet those "new" babies!!! I haven't been to homecoming for years!

Anonymous said...

You should come. We could tailgate with the kids (in the adult lot). Think about it. You are always welcome!!

Amanda Y. said...

We'll plan on it! Lyla will love tailgating.