Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4 1/2 years old and 10 months

Today, Lily is 4 1/2 years old and yesterday, Parker was 10 months old!  Talk about a couple of spitfires :)  Both of these kiddos have lots of energy, are so loving, and cute as can be.  I was just telling Jeff how lucky we are to be their parents.



Starting with Little Miss Lily Bug:
She weighs 40 lbs (I know this because she is obsessed with using the bathroom scale to weigh herself and her toys) and she is around 43 inches.  She loves to ask questions-especially on our trips in the car.  Right now, she is very interested in signs that say not to do something, such as no pets, no food, or do not enter.  She wants to know what they all mean.  She also likes to hear stories about when she was a baby and when Jeff and I were younger.  She is figuring out that her aunts and uncles are our brothers and sisters and making the connections.  She told me today she really misses school (I was glad to hear this because that means she liked it).  She is in swim lessons this year, and this is the first time I haven't had to get in the water with her.  She proudly gives me a thumbs up every time she does something new.  She loves dolls, barbies, and playing make believe anything.  She can make a big mess and has a big attitude.  BUT her sweet smile and contagious laugh make up for it.  She is in a big booster seat and is proud she can out her own door and undo her belt on her own.  All I know is that she is getting too big too fast!










Now for PQ-Double digit months already?!
What can I say about this little ham?  He has the best smile and lights up when he sees us.  He is crawling everywhere and cruising very fast from one piece of furniture to the next.  He loves to put things in his mouth, and we have to watch Lily's small toys.  He loves remote controls, phones, and keys.  He DOES NOT like to be confined in strollers, car seats, or shopping carts, and I am seeing a really strong personality this month when he doesn't want to do something.  Needless to say, I am saying no a lot!  He loves to eat and this is the only time I can get him sit still.  He is learning to wave bye and babbles a lot.  He likes when Lily blows raspberries on his belly :)  He eats table food and drinks soy milk in bottles.  He also drinks water out of a sippy cup really well.  He usually takes 2 naps a day.  He still gets up once at night and prefers to just cuddle with me.








1 comment:

Elaine Welte said...

Those swim lesson pictures brought back tons of memories of our girls doing them together!