Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Jeff with the kiddos this morning!

Being silly :)
Sarah and I couldn't resist giving this to the guys as a little Father's Day gift for the cabin
Jeff's gift was the Reds sign that is now in our office.  He made the bat rack to hold some of his special bats.  The office is looking really nice.  I will post more pics when it is completed!


Happy Father's Day!  We hope all of the dads out there enjoyed this day.  Lily, Parker, and I are very thankful to have Jeff in our lives.  I was just talking to my dad today about what a good dad Jeff is.  It is funny-when we first had Lily, he was a little intimidated and awkward, but now, after having Parker, he just jumps right in to whatever task needs to be done.  He seems so at ease with both of them-playing, feeding, bathing, changing, etc!  It makes my heart melt to see him in daddy mode.

I am very blessed to have such a wonderful dad who has been a huge part of shaping who I am.  He not only loves me, but he makes time to be with his grandkids and LOVES playing with them!  Today, we were able to go out to lunch after Mass and then go for a family walk and for ice cream.  It was a great day with my dad, mom, sister, brother, and kids.

My kids are also very lucky to have their Papaw Pat in their lives.  I can't tell you how many nights Pat has let Lily climb all over him doing his hair!  Not too many grandpas would be okay with that :) What a great father-in-law he is to me as well.  We are very lucky to be surrounded by such great men!

No comments: