Sunday, June 24, 2012

9 Months



What a great month is has been!  First of all, I am off for summer break :)  Just in time to watch Parker learn all kinds of new tricks.  This month, he started crawling EVERYWHERE!  He is getting faster everyday.  This also means he can get into all of Lily's things (which makes her pretty mad!).  In addition to crawling, he also pulls himself up on everything.  The bed had to be moved down because of this.  Most nights, he immediately pulls himself up and starts screaming to get out!  He also grabs everything and then it goes into his mouth.  Pulling up on objects makes him happy, but this also means some bumped heads and falls!

He is such a great eater and has more and more table food each week.  Just about anything I can cut up small enough, he will eat.  He loves pasta or noodles, cheese, fruit, puffs, cheerios, yogurt-anything! In the last few weeks, I have stopped breastfeeding altogether.  It was hard because I wanted to last a little longer, but my body was shutting down.  With all of his stomach issues and the stress of that, it has actually been a little bit of a relief.  He now drinks soy formula and seems to love it!

Parker also got his first tooth a couple days ago-FINALLY!  It seems like he has been cutting this tooth for months.  I knew something was up because he was sleeping so much better and then he went down hill again.  The tooth seemed to be the issue.  Hopefully, we can get back into the better sleep routine (he was going from about 8 pm-4-5 am-this was a big deal)!

He also added mama to his words!  Melts my heart.  He mostly does it when he is tired or cranky, but I will take it.  He is VERY clingy to me.  I feel bad when he cries when other people hold him, but I know it is just one of those phases.  As long as I am around, though, he is one of the happiest babies I know.  We love his smile.  It makes our day!

Happy 9 months little man!  We can't believe we will be planning a birthday party in the near future. 

No comments: