Sunday, September 15, 2013

Family Day (and some other random stuff)


For a year now, we have been helping to paint my parents' house.  Well, today, we celebrated the completion of this major project with a party!  We had lunch there with family and then headed to the Washington Street Festival (such a fun street festival to showcase historic homes in our downtown).  It was nice to enjoy some time with everyone!



Fuzzy pick-but he loved the trolly ride!
]

 


My brother, Stephen, put together a nice spread!





And a couple of home projects (because what would Jeff and I do with ourselves if we weren't constantly tearing things apart)...

This is our breezeway (the space between our garage and home).  We call it the "dog room" because they stay in there.  It is also the future sight of our laundry/mudroom.  First step...tear out disgusting indoor/outdoor carpet.  

Jeff put down vinyl flooring because of the extreme hot/cold temps out there.  Weren't sure ceramic tile would hold up, but I like this pretty well.  It will look much better when the walls are done.



Love this new fire pit!  The pit is made of pavers that were left by the previous owners.  Jeff hand made the benches from wood in our yard.  He is awesome!  Can't wait for a fire!!


I made these gifts for the staff at Lily's school. The PTO does teacher appreciation every month, and I came up with this (okay-I stole it from Pinterest)!  Wish my school did this for me!

 








3 comments:

Elaine Welte said...

So I haven't read in a while, and the first thing I noticed in your top picture was your back! Holy moly rockin' arms and shoulder blades!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Elaine-that come from carrying around a needy 2 year old :)

Mimi Collett said...

Your parents' house looks great! What a beautiful color.