Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like summer...







Today, my friend Jeanie and I participated in a 5k in Pendleton.  The race was "For the love of Andrea" supporting a young lady who was injured in the Indiana State Fair concert accident last fall.  She was at the event-she even walked it!  Even though I don't personally know her, she went to middle school with my sister.  Good cause, good day to run!  This was Jeanie's first 5k, and I was so proud of how well she did.  I actually ran into a guy I went to high school with and we ran together.  I was the second female overall (first in the 25-34 age group), so I won a nice trophy :)  With a time of 21:40, I could be running on my high school team!  Haha!  It was a fun morning.  Thanks Jeanie for going with me!

 After the race, my MIL called to say her pool was open!  We tested out the pool this afternoon since it was such a hot day.  Parker liked splashing around, but I didn't get any pictures of him because he feel asleep before I could.  Lily had a blast cooling off!

No comments: