Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


 What a wonderful Mother's Day it was!  My first one with TWO kids :)  I soaked in this beautiful weekend and thought about how lucky I was to have the family that I do.  I keep hearing the song that goes, "You're gonna miss these days.  You're gonna want these back.  You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast.  These are some good days, so take a good look around.  You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this."  I have days that are overwhelming-with crying kids and dishes and work.  A lot of times, I forget to stop and enjoy my life.  I have an amazing husband and two beautiful, healthy kids.  Thanks to Jeff for making me pancakes this morning and for letting me sleep an extra hour! Jeff was able to snap one decent picture this morning before church.  Lily didn't want to look at the camera!

Love these kids!
On Saturday night, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, two brothers-in-laws, and niece and nephew came over and cooked out.  I am so lucky to have a great family in Jeff's family.  His mom has always been wonderful to me and is a really special grandma to my kids.  I was happy to celebrate this specials Mom's day with her and Holly.

Tonight, my mom, dad, nana, sister, brother, sister-in-law, aunt and cousins came over for dinner.  We even got a fire going and had smores! mmmm!  It was another beautiful evening!!  My mom is an AMAZING woman, and I would be lost without her.  I am so thankful that God chose her as my mom.  She has taught me, and continues to teach me, how to be a wonderful mother.  I love you mom!  I am also very lucky to have my Nana in my life.  I know that a lot of my strength and independence can be attributed to her :)

**The videos at the end is from Lily's Mother's Day Tea at school this past week.  I was able to go and have a muffin and tea with her.  The class sang songs!  So cute :)








Lily wanted an angry bird kite, so Jeff got it up and flying!


Thanks to Jeff for helping me clean out the front flower bed!  It was a mess with weeds.  Mulch and new flowers made it look so much better.  One out of a thousand projects at the house complete!

Nights like these remind me why we bought this house.  Love the yard!!


No comments: