Saturday, February 11, 2012

Remembering Papaw





On Thursday afternoon, on his 80th birthday, my Papaw passed away at his home. Five of his six children (my mom included) were able to be there with him. He has been battling lung problems for many years, and I know the last few months have been especially rough. I didn't have the closest of relationships with him, and I am sorry for that. I wish I would have seen him more, but I am thankful for my visits with him. Most importantly, he spent time with both Lily and Parker. You can see him in his favorite kind of shirt in the above pictures with Parker, Ty, and Lily! He loved to talk to me about hunting and using deer meat to make meals (he liked that Jeff was into that), and I was happy that I remembered to bring him deer jerky at Thanksgiving. I am praying for my mom and her brothers and sisters as I cannot imagine losing one of my parents. I hope that Papaw is now at peace. We love you!

No comments: