Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BIG News!


We are having another baby!!

Many of you reading this already know our big news! Now, I am officially making the big announcement. After a rough fall, we weren't sure how long it would take to get pregnant again. I was so happy that it didn't take long at all to heal. We actually found out about this baby on Lily's birthday. I took several more tests over the next few days to make sure it was really true! Because of the tubal pregnancy I had in September, I had an early ultrasound at just over 4 weeks to determine the placement of the pregnancy. It was a huge relief to know everything was in the "right" spot :)

Last week, I went in for my first OB appointment. Jeff went with me, and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat (another huge relief). It was 172 beats/minute. Everything looked fine, so we will go back in mid April for our next appointment. The due date is October 8th (so I am just a few days shy of 12 weeks).

Although I still worry everyday and have been sick and very, very tired, I am grateful that everything is going well. Nana's St. Gerard prayer helps me to calm down! Jeff and I are now getting a little nervous about having more than one child. Lily seems to understand about the baby (as much as a 3 year old can)-even though she thinks I am having Jessie and Woody from Toy Story! It has been interesting trying to take care of Lily and be pregnant. Thankfully, Jeff has been able to take over when I am feeling pretty lousy and tired. I am hoping in the next few weeks I will have more energy. The sunshine is definitely helping!

So-that's our BIG news! :)

2 comments:

The Goverts said...

Yay! Congrats on your big news!

The Dickersons said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!