Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


who knew pumpkins were so funny?

also can be used as drums!

watching daddy carve off the top

trying to put the lid back on

"yuck mom...i don't want to put my hand in there"

"okay...maybe it looks fun"



jeff...creating his masterpiece

using the power tools!

here is the final creation

lily's new hat

grandma did her hair

Today and tomorrow are my fall break. It is much needed, although, with Lily, there isn't much "breaking." Today, we headed to Indy with Chris (my mother-in-law) and Callie. Chris has been looking for furniture for her house. After a screaming fit on the way down by Lily, the trip ended up being pretty successful. She picked out some beautiful pieces! We had lunch at MCL and headed home.


Jeff took Lily to get some pumpkins, and we decided to carve one. Lily wasn't sure about picking out the insides, but she liked trying to pick up the pumpkins and move them saying "heavy." We are excited to see how she likes Halloween this year!


The following days will be busy. I am hosting a team cross country dinner tomorrow because we have our Regional meet on Saturday. Sarah, Ty, and Pat are also coming into town Saturday. I think my mom and I are going to take Lily and Ty to the St. Lawrence Fall Festival. I am looking forward to it!

No comments: