Friday, August 8, 2008

The summer is coming to an end...

This weekend is Lydgia's last few days of freedom (from work anyways). The summer has been awesome with Lily, and I really hate to leave her. She is very active, and I have enjoyed playing with her! BUT the grandmas are a good substitute for mom! I just have to convince myself to get back into teacher mode (kinda hard when there are currently 32 third graders on my class list-oh my!).

We had a visit from Kendra and her seven week old little girl, Hannah today. It was nice to talk and catch up. Hannah isn't the best sleeper either, so I don't feel so bad about Lily's horrible sleeping patterns! Hopefully Hannah gives her mom a break soon!

Other than that, we have been in the world of "cutting teeth" for a good month now. It is causing ear pulling, stuffy nose, dirty diapers, and one fussy baby! Jeff and I hope that the two teeth come in soon :) We feel pretty bad for her. Oh, the joys of each stage of babies!!

At least tomorrow mom and dad get a "date night" to celebrate Jeff's birthday. Grandma Chris has graciously volunteered to do nighttime duties with Lily, so we can finally go do something that doesn't involve changing diapers or feeding a baby!!! We will see how it goes, especially since my bedtime is around 9:00, and it will require me to get out of my running shorts and t-shirt and look half way decent!

No comments: