Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kids say the funniest things!

All of the sudden, Lily is talking NONSTOP! Some of the things she has been coming up with crack me up. I wanted to share a few funny sayings from the last couple days. I figured I should write them down before I forget...

1. In her prayers, she has been blessing Chico and Sam (Hannah's cat and my parent's dog). She remembers random people and pets.
2. "Mommy, I can't go to sleep because I am sick." She wasn't sick at all. In fact, she was playing rather loudly before saying this. Just one of her new ways of getting out of bed.
3. We have been potty training Lily. She is doing awesome and has been in big girl panties. Today, she needed to go number 2, so we rushed in there and she took care of business. When she was finished, she looked at me and said, "I feel much better now." I suppose she did!
4. New funny phrase: "Look at that, yikes!"
5. Tonight she yelled at Jeff from her bedroom, "Daddy I need a dwank, water with ice." A bit demanding!
6. After swim lessons tonight, we were changing in the locker room with several other young kids/moms. Who is singing off key at the top of her lungs? You guessed it, Lily! I asked her to whisper and she said, "I need to sing Pop Goes the Weasel." And she did...very loudly, with laughs from the audience.
7. She made me a plate of cupcakes today (from play doe) and sang happy b-day. She then blew out fake candles. I think it is funny that she remembered that from my birthday a couple days ago.
8. I told her we were going to swim lessons and I brought her two piece bathing suit to put on her. She said "no, I need the striped one." There goes all my power in picking out her outfits. Man!
9. Our favorite treat this summer-smoobies (smoothies)!

She definitely keeps me laughing. We are working on an inside/whisper voice right now. Pray she finds it soon!

No comments: